Tuesday, December 28, 2004

And the Winner Is...

There are a lot of people I admire. Interestingly, none of them are whiners.

Top of my list this year and every year are:

People who do the right thing with no recognition. From old folks alone and single mothers who do what they can with what they have, to leaders at every level who serve and refuse to take advantage of their position, I salute you.

Aside from these every day heroes, this year I have a few new favorites.

3) The U.S.A. led by President George W. Bush. When has a nation been willing to send their soldiers off to free another country, at much loss to themselves? Not very often. I salute you. And to every other nation who is doing this also, I salute you as well. When war becomes about helping, we are on the right track.

2) The soldiers. Those who signed up for a job but didn’t know it would be a war, yet stick it out and serve not only as soldiers but as diplomats. The vast majority who are doing the best they can for those they serve and for those they are trying to help, I salute you. I thank you. You are doing it for all of us and you are "doing us proud."

1) The Iraqis. No, not the ones you see on TV trying to blow up every American or cooperating Iraqi, but those who are going about their lives, trying to give this a chance, helping the military when they can, risking their future and their families, struggling against all odds to forge a new free land. I salute you. You are the best. And the Afghans who came out to vote: I salute you, too. Good job! We see what you are doing and are hearts are with you.

Pray for them. The world needs good people.


2 Comments:

Blogger Lulu said...

"The Iraqis"
You have a logical mind...

December 29, 2004 at 4:48 PM  
Blogger Gerina said...

Invading other people country is good,eh?

Dont u realised that that is another form of terrorising?

January 5, 2005 at 4:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter